Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week 1 - the meals

I must admit, when I opened last week's CSA box, I was not sure that I would be able to use a couple of the unfamiliar veggies... fava greens and green garlic???

Thankfully, the CSA farm includes a weekly email describing each of the less familar veggies and it includes a recipe and some ideas to get you started.

It ended up being an extremely fun, fulfilling week for me! My husband liked much of what I prepared and we ended up having veggies included in nearly every dish! Lots of delicious greens chock full of vitamins and minerals, my body feels nourished and I am looking forward to week 2's veggie selection!

Week 1 CSA Box

The featured dishes this week:

Cabbage = sauerkraut
Outer cabbage leaves = unstuffed cabbage rolls
Fava greens = chicken alfredo
Green garlic = chicken alfredo, unstuffed cabbage rolls
Baby lettuce = green salad, taco salad
Scallions = scrambled eggs, stir fry beef
Bok choy = stir fry beef
Kale (from my garden) = baked kale chips, smoothies
Beet greens (") = smoothies, green salad
Homemade Sauerkraut

Chicken Alfredo with fava greens and green garlic

Unstuffed cabbage rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment