Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week 4 - the meals

Another fun (and delicious) week of meals.

If you can't tell already, we eat a lot of food. Large portions and often seconds. In my defense, I am tall, chasing after two little ones constantly and nursing a busy toddler. 'Nuff said.

I am posting more links to the recipes I have been using, so be sure to check them out!

Thursday - sausage, fresh sauerkraut made with the cabbage from an earlier CSA box, the rest of the butternut squash fries and fava beans sauteed in butter... oh my, I am falling in love with this vegetable. Fava beans have a meaty feel and nutty taste and are very satisfying. We went through the whole quart in less than 24 hours.

Friday - another favorite: pulled pork enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce, rice, beans, cheese, olives, fresh cilantro from last week's CSA, and finished off with a sprinkle of lime juice. One of my husband's most often requested meals.


Saturday - I roasted a whole chicken and made gravy, butter braised new turnips with turnip greens (and discovered a fellow blogger doing a similar challenge!) and a simple lettuce and radicchio salad.

Sunday - my lunch was so yummy - can't go wrong with chicken and cranberries! I shredded a whole head of buttercrunch lettuce, added a crunch of bacon and made Ree Drummond's creamy ranch dressing recipe. It was incredible, so glad I finally discovered an easy ranch that I can whip up whenever needed!

Sunday dinner - a super easy comfort food, ground beef, zucchini, onion and garlic sauteed in a pan, sprinkle with grated cheese and devour.
Monday -  Quiche with kale and green onions from my garden, garlic scapes, eggs from our layers, bacon, and a delightfully textured flaky butter crust. Needless to say, two adults and two toddlers polished the entire quiche in one meal.

Tuesday - leftovers
.
Wednesday - a repeat dinner of steak, roasted red potatoes with the remaining garlic scapes, and sauteed bok choy greens.

And a parting shot of the wonderful cherries we have been snacking on all week :)




2 comments:

  1. These recipes look delicious. I want to try some of them soon. You are a good cook for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hope you do end up trying some of the recipes :)

    ReplyDelete